“Smooth seas do not make skillful sailors.” ~African Proverb
I’m going to answer a couple of question in this entry.
Who am I – who is Jack Bergstrom?
Why should you care – why should you listen to what I have to say about Business by Referral?
Who am I? I make my living as an Executive, Business and Life Coach, as a Speaker and Seminar Leader, and soon as an Author. (I’ve capitalized those as I would on my business card.) I’ve been a coach and speaker for quite a while now.
Why might you consider listening to me? – a Snapshot of my Credentials:
• Business, Executive and Life Coach since 1989
• Worked with more than 300 of the Fortune 500 Companies coaching executives
• Conducted more than 20,000 one-on-one coaching sessions
• Public Speaker and Seminar Leader since 1990
• Has presented sales and business growth talks to more than 100,000 people
• NLP Practitioner – NLP Comprehensive Alumnus
• Former Assistant (minion) to Anthony Robbins (part-time and unpaid) The second best unpaid job I ever had!
• Eight years with Dale Carnegie training salespeople (part-time and unpaid) The best unpaid job I ever had!
• Coaches Training Institute Alumnus
• I sold my first business while I was still in my early 30s and retired for nearly ten years giving me the time and the money freedom to pursue my passions.
My apologies if any of this seems like bragging. It may. It does feel a bit like that to me as well, but it is my background and I worked hard to build it. Basically, I just want you to feel comfortable that I might know enough about sales – specifically sales from Business by Referral that you should take me seriously.
I have also made mistakes! Huge ones! Horrible ones! Lucky to have lived thru them mistakes. Some of these are pretty fun to talk about and sometime I will. For now, know that I did my best to learn from my mistakes and I bring the best of what I learned to my trainings.
Let me end this entry with this – when I started out, I was terrible at sales – horrible at sales! I certainly would have been a contender for the least naturally gifted salesperson of the year – had such a contest existed.
Till next time…Jack
“You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you.” ~Walt Disney