“Start by doing what’s necessary; then do what’s possible; and suddenly you are doing the impossible.” ~Francis of Assisi
This is the first entry in what will become a book about building a business that is based on referrals. I love doing business by referral – it is my absolute favorite way to receive a new client. It is also a joy of mine to connect someone that needs something, a potential client, with someone that does a great job providing the very thing that they need! This is the essence of doing business by referral. Your perfect clients come to you pre-qualified and pre-sold as a referral from someone else that:
- Likes you and your work
- Trusts you and knows that you will do a great job
- Knows that you will make them look great for referring to you
Done properly, business by referral is so wonderful!
- You only work with your ideal clients!
- You never have to argue about your fees – you charge at the top end of your industry average and people are delighted to pay it!
- Your marketing efforts revolve around forming deep meaningful relationships with other like-minded people!
- Your business is fully booked and stays that way – often with a waiting list of people ready to be your next client!
Business by referral works in every industry. It works in every country. It works in every language. I am convinced beyond any possible doubt that Business by Referral is the best way to grow a business and the best way to run a sustainable fully booked business.
Come back and visit with me often. I will be updating this site frequently now and I wouldn’t want you to miss something that could help you.
I don’t know you yet. I don’t know what kind of business you are in. And you don’t know me yet. Let’s change that. Next time I will start to talk about my background and how I became so interested in, and a master of, business by referral.
By the way, I love quotes. I think that you can learn a lot about someone by the kinds of quotes that they like to read. Expect to see lots of quotes in my updates and in my work as a whole. Here is a quote from me: “Let the quotes sing their magic to you – they are the distilled essence of genius.”
Another from me – and my tagline…”Haven’t Your Dreams Waited Long Enough?” – Jack Bergstrom (American born Coach, Speaker, Author)
And finally…“He that waits upon fortune is never sure of a dinner.” ~Benjamin Franklin